Food & farm facts to consider...
America's farmers are amazingly productive. In 1940, 1 farmer raised enough food to feed 19 people. Today, 1 farmer raises enough food to feed 155 people!
Other ag facts for your consideration:
* 98% of farms are family-owned.
* Farmers & ranchers comprise only 2% of the American population.
* Agriculture has an annual economic impact of $21.4 billion in South Dakota alone.
* Only 16 cents of your food dollars goes to the farmer; the rest is for labor, packaging, marketing, transportation, etc.
* Today’s farmers produce 262% more food with 2% fewer inputs (labor, seeds, feed, fertilizer, etc.), compared with 1950.
* Careful stewardship by farmers has spurred a nearly 50% decline in erosion of cropland by wind and water since 1982.