South Dakota Farm Bureau (SDFB) is accepting scholarship applications from high school seniors pursuing secondary education, as well as current college and technical school students.
Scholarships will be awarded to students whose parents or guardians are current members of SDFB, and have been members for at least two years.
“SDFB takes great pride in recognizing students for their positive accomplishments in their schools and communities,” said Krystil Smit, SDFB Executive Director. “The SDFB scholarships help offset the cost of higher education, and provides another benefit to being a member of SDFB.”
- Applicant and/or applicant’s parents or guardians must be a current member of South Dakota Farm Bureau, and must have been a member for 2 years.
- Must be accepted by an accredited school of higher learning and planning to study a minimum of one year as a full-time student.
- Must be 17 years of age or older and a high school graduate by Spring 2019; or an enrolled secondary school freshman, sophomore, junior or senior. Graduate students are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants who are high school seniors must include a copy of their most recent ACT score.
- All applicants must include current transcript with grade point average.
- The SDFB Scholarship is applied toward tuition fees only and will be awarded after the first semester.
The SDFB Scholarship Fund was started in December 2005 by Agnes and Richard Ekstrum, past SDFB President. SDFB has awarded over $35,000 to students since the program began in 2007.
The application is available at www.sdfbf.org.
Completed scholarship applications and materials must be received by March 15, 2019 to SDFB, 2225 Dakota Ave S, Huron, S.D. 57350.
To learn more about South Dakota Farm Bureau visit www.sdfbf.org.