South Dakota Farm Bureau (SDFB) is accepting scholarship applications from high school seniors pursuing secondary education, as well as current college and technical school students.
Scholarships will be awarded to students whose parents or guardians are current members of SDFB, and have been members for at least two years.
- Applicant and/or applicant’s parents or guardians must be a current member of South Dakota
Farm Bureau, and must have been a member for 2 years.
- Must be accepted by an accredited school of higher learning and planning to study a
minimum of one year as a full-time student.
- Must be 17 years of age or older and a high school graduate by Spring 2020; or an enrolled secondary school freshman, sophomore, junior or senior. Graduate students are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Applicants who are high school seniors must include a copy of their most recent ACT score.
- All applicants must include current transcript with grade point average.
- The SDFB Scholarship is applied toward tuition fees only and will be awarded after the first semester.
The SDFB Scholarship Fund was started in December 2005 by Agnes and Richard Ekstrum, past SDFB President. In 2019, SDFB awarded seven scholarships. Since the program began in 2007, SDFB has given over $45,000 to students.
Applications and more information about South Dakota Farm Bureau can be found at sdfbf.org.
Completed scholarship applications and materials must be received by March 15, 2020 to SDFB, 2225 Dakota Ave S, Huron, S.D. 57350.