HURON (May 4, 2016) -South Dakota Farm Bureau is looking for a dynamic Marketing Communications Director to effectively communicate and elevate industry messages with media, consumers, members and stakeholders. This position requires initiative, multi-tasking, ability to learn quickly, networking and excellent writing skills.
- Initiate, develop and plan creative earned media strategies using a variety of media (print, radio, web, social) and collateral materials
- Write effective company press releases and conduct interviews as needed
- Develop public relations strategies, materials and industry messages
- Promote SDFB and the agriculture industry through social media properties and venues
- Assist in the planning, development and execution of strategic marketing communications and social media initiatives
- Develop membership recruitment strategies, campaigns and communication
- Effectively communicate with membership through industry e-newsletters, mailings, social media, and innovative tactics
- Assist in membership processing and promotions
- Plan, create and distribute video communication through various channels
- Support the activities of and information delivery to the board of directors, county leaders and staff through various communication channels
- Create content, edit and oversee the production of the organization’s newsletters. This role would serve as primary writer for two publications.
- Assist in developing, writing, editing and proofing a variety of documents including promotional materials (e.g., brochures, fliers, ads, postcards, etc.), website content, e-blast copy, and other internal and external marketing communications.
- Serve as a member of the planning committee for company’s events by providing creative insight, developing promotions, and contributing to the overall implementation of convention themes and messaging.
- Travel as necessary for assignments, including the organization’s annual convention
- 2+ years of related communications work experience
- Bachelor’s degree in communication, public relations, journalism or related field
- Background/knowledge of ranching/agriculture preferred
- Experience with writing press releases, articles, interviewing and media relations
- Experience with social media platforms, specifically Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram
- Video and photography skills
- Experience with and keen eye for graphic design elements
- Ability to manage tasks independently and work in a team environment
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written
- Efficient time management and responsive working skills
- Knowledge of AP
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and graphic design programs
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, meet deadlines and handle multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal, communication and team skills
- Flexible and a creative approach to problem solving
- Willing to travel to events and work occasional weekends for specific SDFB events
Competitive salary, dependent on qualifications.
Attractive 401K, medical, dental, vision and life insurance package.
Work in a fast-paced, ever-changing industry.
Please provide a letter of interest and resume to:
SDFB Executive Director
2225 Dakota Ave. S.
Huron, SD 57350