South Dakota Farm Bureau (SDFB) is pleased to announce six winners of the 2018 SDFB Scholarship.
Each winner is awarded a scholarship of $1,100. Recipients include high school seniors and college students whose parents or guardians are current members of South Dakota Farm Bureau, and have been for at least two years.
2018 SDFB Scholarship winners include:
· Jarid Bechen of Letcher, S.D. who is attending South Dakota State University majoring in Ag Business;
· Bridger Gordon of Whitewood, S.D. who will be attending Harvard University majoring in Economics with Emphasis in International Ag;
· Jessica Ryan of Belle Fourche, S.D. who is currently attending Gillette College. She is planning to continue her education at South Dakota State University and will be majoring in Nursing;
· Anthony Sippel of Groton, S.D. who will be attending South Dakota State University majoring in Ag Business;
· Hannah Surat of Kimball, S.D. who will be attending South Dakota State University majoring in Ag Business; and
· David Weidler of Howard, S.D. who is attending Dakota State University majoring in Professional Accountancy.
“South Dakota Farm Bureau congratulates each of these outstanding individuals and we take pride in supporting their educational and career pursuits through a scholarship award,” said Krystil Smit, SDFB executive director.
The South Dakota Farm Bureau Scholarship Fund was established in 2005 by Richard and Agnes Ekstrum of Kimball, S.D. Richard served as South Dakota Farm Bureau’s president from 1975-1995.