beefSD is an intensive 2-year educational program designed to take participants to the next level in beef production.
Beefsd is an intensive 2- year educational program designed to take participants to the next level in beef production. Participation in beefSD is an excellent opportunity for beginning producers to increase knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the beef industry and develop the skills needed to be successful.
The program is open to people with 10 years or less management experience in beef production. If someone is not currently involved in beef production, they must possess a strong desire to be involved in beef production in the future. SDSU Extension will be accepting up to 30 operations into the program. Couples, siblings or other closely related family members are encouraged to apply as an operation with up to 2 people representing an operation.
Participants Guidelines for beefSD Class 3 Program
- Open to all beginning beef producers or have a strong desire to be involved in beef production in the future.
- Must have 10 years or less of management experience in beef production
- Can apply with a spouse, sibling or direct family member that represent one operation
- Application can be found on the South Dakota Farm Bureau Federation website: www.sdfbf.org
- Applications are due July 15, 2016
- Participants are required to commit to the activities and meetings held over the 2 year period of the program
- Participants will be divided into 3 geographical areas based across the state. The groups will meet separately and as a complete class as the program requires
- More information is included with the application including a timeline and detailed components of the program